Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Meet the next Jimmy Fallon! Exclusive chat with Alius's mom Felicia Martinez.

Jimmy Fallon look alike! (nymag and youtube)

I recently got a tweet from a mom who later on said her kid could be the next Jimmy  Fallon! I said to myself, "No waaaaaaaay!" I still clicked on the link that she sent me:


I could not believe hat I was seeing! Such a talented kid.. such an amazing host... and he really does look like Jimmy Fallon too! I went on an one on one mini interview with Felicia Martinez (Alius's mom), and this is what she had to say:

Alius and Felicia Martinez  @TalkAlius
1. When did you notice that Alius had a special talent and when did you guys start filming videos?
I just started filming my son on a whim, because he has always been such a talker and has a broad vocabulary. He was talking sooner than the average baby. So as he got older I thought, "Why not just start filming him to see how he likes it?" He is extremely comfortable in front of the camera. I know that he would be a good fit in the spotlight, although he needs some training. I actually never forced him to do a video. As a matter of fact at first I would ask him if he wanted me to film him. Now he is the one that asks me if he can get filmed. I was so impressed with his performance that I would constantly praise him every time. He's been able to develop a pretty good level of self confidence now!


 2. Do you guys prepare scripts or rehearse for a little bit before you start filming?
We dont use scripts, we are just amateurs. However if there was someone out there who would notice him and see the potential, he would do well. I follow all the big television networks, comedians,  and talk show hosts in hopes that someone will notice him. Right now we just make the random videos according to what he wants to do. I let him be independent and decide what topics he wants to talk about.



3. Well that's pretty good! We all know that performers usually prepare scripts, but when you are able to improvise and simultaneously still entertain and pump up your audience whether you have prepared a script or not, that's when you know that you definitely have to let that talent blossom. Have you received any responses yet from any of the sources you've tried to reach? We have caught the attention of 2 DJ's in Denver who do a popular talk show. We will be going to the station on 6/27/11 to meet them so that my son can start learning what it’s really  like to be a talk show host. The station is Alice 105.9 in Denver, we will be meeting with Slacker and Steve. Their show time is 3-6p MST.
If you'd like to contact Alius's mom, follow @TalkAlius on Twitter  and on You Tube today! Thank you Felicia Martinez for being my guest and I wish  both of you success!

0 comments:

Post a Comment